Social Media Specialist
|Title:||Social Media Specialist|
DescriptionOverdrive Interactive currently has a career opportunity for a Social Media Specialist. We are looking for a creative, strategically-minded individual who has experience working with brands leveraging social networking tools and managing online communities. The candidate must have demonstrated strong writing skills, an eye for detail, deep social media expertise and experience growing and nurturing online communities. In addition, the candidate must be able to develop end-to-end social marketing strategies leveraging different social platforms, devising ways to build participation and new innovations in social marketing and advertising. The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of building digital media campaigns on social platforms and must be experienced in leveraging Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and other social platforms and technologies as part of a digital marketing mix.
This candidate should also have excellent communications skills, both oral and written, a strong work ethic and a contagiously positive attitude.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a member of our Clients Team to tell clients' brand stories through social media.
- Use social media know-how to increase fan engagement, improve website traffic and source and create valuable material.
- Create and post content for client’s social brand pages.
- Continue to grow each client's presence on social media channels, including (but not limited to) Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest.
- Manage day-to-day communications on Twitter, Facebook and other social channels.
- Liaise with both internal and external groups to create and execute social strategy.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure brand consistency for each client.
- Brainstorm new ideas for each brand that break through social media clutter and project manage social media initiatives that drive business objectives.
- Ability to analyze insights data and develop actionable recommendations to optimize content and channel growth.
- Keep an eye on trends to take advantage of new opportunities in social media.
- Work with other members of the agency to develop concepts across various media as needed, including the creation of blog posts, presentations and eBooks
- Present ideas to senior members of the agency.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 2-3+ years of social media brand management.
- Writing experience, an eye for detail and excellent proofreading abilities.
- Proven talent and consistent conceptual thinking.
- Experience with consumer and B2B audiences.
- Proven project management skills and superior communication skills.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to sell your work to other members of the team.
- Experience managing social media for like brands.
- Prior agency experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics and Google Analytics.
Benefits: Health/Dental insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, paid vacation and holidays.